Pages

Saturday

New York, New York: The City So Good They Named It Twice

Me looking happy as Larry.

So I've just come back from the most amazing, life-changing, challenging six weeks of my life- not to mention, completely unplanned. Let me start from the beginning:

One very uneventful Saturday evening, after weeks of applying for Summer internships, I was feeling rather disheartened. Browsing through my twitter newsfeed, I came across a post looking for Fall interns at top Fashion PR Agency BPCM New York. Why Not? I thought to myself, a girl can dream, right? 
I got carried away and started Google mapping their address, imagining what it would be like to work in New York City's trendy Chelsea area, having cocktails with the girls after work, and attending New York Fashion Week in the presence of Fashion's elite. 
Out of sheer boredom and feeling slightly delusional after staring at my laptop screen all day, I sent off a cover letter and CV to them. It's not like they'll get back to me anyway, I reasoned- and with that, I forgot all about it.
However, 2 days later an email popped up in my inbox from their showroom co-ordinator requesting a phone interview with me. After having a mild heart-attack I quickly informed my mother that I had spontaneously decided to apply to a PR agency in New York over the weekend, as you do.

And so, to cut a long story short, in a very strange twist of fate I found myself en route JFK 3 weeks later; about to embark on the craziest adventure of my life thus far. I still can't quite believe it happened. 

There's too much to say about my time in New York in one post, so i'm going to have to split it up- watch this space. 

Michelle XO



No comments: